- Computer engineering department has signed MoU with Red Hat India Private Limited on 15 October 2018 for one year.
- Department is in process of signing MOU with CADD center, vashi, Navi Mumbai.
3. Department Initiatives
- Final year students project identification for patenting and publications.
- As a part of change of syllabus department has organized orientation program on course “Cryptography and System Security (CSC604) & System Security Lab (CSL604)” on behalf of University of Mumbai on 15th January 2019.
- CE department has started conducting workshops/SDPs on various security tools for students of all departments. Two paid workshops namely on “Network security and ethical hacking” from 18 Dec to 22 Dec 2019 and “Ethical hacking” from 2nd Jan to 6th Jan were conducted in collaboration with Unotech Soft Ltd, 9 Th Legend.
- To improve placements and technical skills of students, technical quizzes, aptitude lectures, weekly code chef activities followed by coding competition were conducted.
- Eight faculties have completed training on twelve various courses conducted by NPTEL.
- To increase student’s participation in National level Smart India Hackathon (SIH), a seminar was conducted on 1st Oct 2018.
- To make students competent with industry expectations Seminar on “Industry Expectations from Engineering students” was conducted by our alumni Abhilash Agarwal.
4. Academic /technical achievements of students
- Two teams, one in software category and one in hardware category has participated in SIH 2018 conducted by AICTE. Software category team secured top 8th position in it.
- Bhara Kathuria, Aarti B, Riona Almeida and Ketan Ghotan won Super Team Award in Deeep Blue Project competition conducted by Majesko.
- Five teams of 20 students have participated in Deep Blue project for the AY 2018-19.
- Three teams of 12 students have participated in Hackathon at K.J. Somaiya, Mumbai conducted in month of February.
- Aditya Kulkarni from BE CE is awarded by Google Certified Associate Android Developer. He has cleared CCDSAP Foundation Exam.
- Kamleshwar Ragava from BE D represented SIESGST in competition organized by NMMC under disaster management and secured 8th rank and funding of INR 50,000 dated 7th July 2018.
- Aditya Parthasarthy, Winner of Grey Matters 2.0(Online Quiz) Conducted by Reliance during 13th Aug t0 11th Sep 2018.
- Rishil Ramesh and Pratik Amin from BE D Completed RED HAT LINUX certification.
- Sanoop Menon from TE C Won Bug4Ever Coding Competition held at SIES GST, Nerul.
- Omkar Prabhu from BE D has Completed Machine Learning Course from Stanford University and Deep learning specialization course under Coursera.
- Kumaran P from BE C was nominated for ISTE awards. His project group was shortlisted for final round of ‘Avishkar’, a national level project competition conducted on 2nd Jan2019 at RAIT, Nerul.
- Pritam Negi from BE D Completed “”CS229: Machine Learning”” course offered by Stanford University on Coursera on 12th June2018. He has successfully passed Codechef “Data Structures and Algorithms Programme” Foundation Level certification Exam on 8th July 2018. He has also completed “Neural Networks and Deep Learning” course offered by Deeplearning.ai on courser.