1. Academic achievements
- Mr. Ajay Hundiwale took admission to Ph.D. In year 2019
- Two other faculties Mr. Prashant Ambadekar and Mr. Lokpriya Gaikwad are persuing Ph.D.
- Mr. Ganesh Kadam qualified NPTEL April 2019 exam for the 8 week course on Introduction to Machining and Machining Fluids with Elite+Silver Certificate grade.
- Mrs. Vijaya Chame qualified NPTEL April 2019 exam for the 8 week course on Basics of Finite Element Analysis-I with Elite+Silver Certificate grade.
Department has signed 7 MOU’s
- Indian Biodisel Corporation
- Perpetual Gravity Lab
- Metallems Bombay Pvt. Ltd. on 29th Jan 2018
- Shree Ganesh Industries on 24th Jan2018
- Vishwakarma Enterprises on 24th Jan2018
- Manibhadra Machine Tools Pvt. Ltd. Thane 30 Oct. 2018
- Samiri Equipments & Engineering Pvt. Ltd. Thane 30 Oct. 2018
3. Department Initiatives
- Department faculty has visited 24 industries as a part of improving Industry-Academia relations to strengthen industry internship, projects, visits and placement.
- 11 industrial visits of students conducted in this year
- Special attention was given for weaker students to improve results of some subject.
- 11 SDPs conducted in this academic year
4. Academic /technical achievements of students
- BE student Dharmraj Ayyapan and TE student MauliMirajkar secured 1st prize in technical paper presentation in Prodology 2019 at VJTI Mumbai on 29 March and 30 March 2019.
- SAE student team Turbocrafters participated in all-terrain vehicle competition BAJA 2019 at IIT Ropar Punjab during 7 March to 10 March 2019 and secured 2nd rank in sales and design, 13th rank in dynamic event, and overall 14th rank at national level.
- Ten students have secured admission in MS and Mtech PROGRAM abroad and Many others have applied for MS Program in current year.
- Atul Agnihotri TE Mech has achieved all India Fiftht rank in Robotics at examination conducted by NPTEL.
- 13 students appeared and passed examination conducted by NPTEL.
5. SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
1 AICTE-ISTE approved STTP conducted on Application of Computer Aided Engineering Tools in Mechanical Technology, from 01 JAN 2019 TO 05 JAN 2019 at SIESGST.
2 Seminar on “Importance of aptitude towards job placement” Mr. Aditya P. Patil (Decathlon Pvt. Ltd., CBD Belapur) – Alumni on 17. 01. 2019
3 Seminar on “Importance of selection of proper BE project” Mr. Sachin Desai (Management trainee in operation department with Kruger Ventilation Industry) – Alumni on 08. 01. 2019
4 Conducted SDP on Energy Conservation, Management, Energy Audit for BE students by Dr.Santosh Dalavi from PCRA on 5 March, 2019.
5 Seminar on Stability Analysis by Dr. S. N. Teli Professor, BVCOE, Navi Mumbai on 04-10-2018 for TE Students
6 Seminar on Institutional Training Program on Energy Conservation on Mr. Sambhaji N. Kadam Petroleum Conservation Research Association(PCRA), Western Region, Mumbai on 16-01-2019 for SE and BE students
7 Seminar Institutional Training Program on Energy Conservation by Mr. Sambhaji N. Kadam Petroleum Conservation Research Association(PCRA), Western Region, Mumbai on 29-08-2018 for TE Students
8 Seminar on Aptitude for Entrepreneurship conducted by Mr. Akash Agarwal Vasudev Khecharmal, Poonawala Pvt. Ltd, Vashi, Navi Mumbai on 30-07-2018 for TE students.