- Mr. Vinay Thakur of B.E PPT won third prize in Clay Modelling at Mumbai University Youth Festival in Second Half, 2019.
- Ms. Nikita Murudeshwar and Ms. Shradha Kadam are Adjudged winners of PaperMade 2019 conducted by Parksons Packaging for designing & prototyping “Multi Flavor Ice Cream Dispenser” package.
- Mr. Sanjeev Srinivasan, student from 2018 PPT batch won the coveted student of the year award 2018, on November 29, 2018 conducted by Printweek India Magazine at St. Regis Hotel, Mumbai. Sanjeev won this award after being shortlisted among 8 top students across India in the Printing & Packaging Field. This award has been won 6 times (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018) in last 8 years by PPT students since 2011.
- Four students from T.E PPT (Mr. Anurag Ganapathi, Mr. Abdul Basit, Mr. Sriganesh, Mr. K Nishant) were selected for internship for Printweek India Awards.
- Mr. Oshian Gadia and Ms. Akshata Mamdapur won first prize in in Media Carnival organized by MIT, Manipal.
- Mr. Vinay Thakur won first position in an event called Music Mix at Media Carnival organized by MIT, Manipal.
- Mr. Vinay Thakur and Ms. Shreyasi Patel won third prize in an event Mess It Up at Media Carnival organized by MIT, Manipal.
- Vinay Thakur (TE-PPT)secured 7th position in state-level CAD Modelling competition held at Saraswati College of Engineering. Participated in National-level GoKart Design challenge and won “Best design Aesthetics”
- G7 Expert Certification hosted by Pressman Academy for Print Education and Research was organized at SIESGST from 24 to 26 August, 2019.
- Internship for 72 students in 34 companies in the academic year 2018-19.
- Industrial Visits to 8 different companies for Third Year Students in the academic year 2018-19.
- Workshop on Artioscad software by Mr. Prashant Kamat from ESKO Graphics Ltd on 30th March, 2019.
- Students from S.E, T.Eattended Print Summit organized by Bombay Masters Print Association on 24th January, 2019.
- 1-day Corporate Learning Certificate Training Program was organized in association with Indian Plastic Institute, Mumbai on December 26, 2018. 19 students underwent the training program.
- A seminar on “Process Control for Pressroom” was organized on November 22, 2018 in collaboration with Pressman Solutions. 11 PPT students & 2 faculty attended the session.
- A Seminar on “Animation Design and Graphics” by Mr. Ritesh Chauhan from ARENA Animations was organised on October 25, 2018 and attended by 24 students.
- Second Workshop in collaboration with BMPA (Seekho aur Samjho-New Season) on the topic “How to Handle Chemicals with Probable Hazardous Nature Man and Machine” was organised on October 20, 2018. The speakers were Mr. Nitin Shah (Award Offset) and Mr. Iqbal Kherodawala from BMPA. 11 PPT students & 2 faculty attended the session.
- A seminar on Marketing and Digital Marketing by Mr. Ginu Joseph (Founder of Modern Plastics India and Managing Director of Emerald Plastic Magazines) was organised on August 24, 2018 under IPI Student Chapter attended by 123 students from various branches.
- Workshop in collaboration with BMPA (Seekho aur Samjho-New Season) on the topic “Print Related Issues for Commercial and Packaging Finishing” was organised on July 21, 2018. The speakers were Mr. Faheem Agboatwala (Hi-Tech)and Mr. Iqbal Kherodawala from BMPA. 9 PPT students & 2 faculty attended the session.
- Organised P-Pack Junior for the fourth time in last 3 years to invite 11th and 12th standard science students and introduce them to the Printing & Packaging Field with the help of fun technical events and Quiz. About 45 students participated in the event from various junior colleges in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai.
· An MoU was signed with Pressman Solutions, Chennai on November 17, 2018 for IndustryAcademia collaboration facilitating Industrial Visits, Hands-on training and internships to students and faculty. The MoU will also facilitate training resources for students and the industry. Currently, 6-month internship has been granted for one student.
· ESKO Graphics, Singapore MoU signed for the period between 1st Jan, 2019 to 31st Dec, 2019 for granting latest Softwares and licences for Artios CAD, Deskpack, Studio Designer and Visualizer.
· 4 students underwent 2-month internships at Printweek India, Mumbai in Oct-Nov. 2018 & 2 faculty members visited Mercury Industries Limited in January 2019 for exploring further projects with the company. (5-year MoUs were signed in 2017 with both the above companies).
- After discussions with M/s SMI Coated Products Pvt. Ltd. in June-July 2018, Mr. Ajay Mehta, Managing Director instituted a Rs. 3,00,000/- annual scholarship fund in September 2018 to be given to 12 students on need-cum-merit basis (Rs. 25,000/- each).
- BMPA instituted Rs. 1,00,000/- annual scholarship for two deserving girl students ( Rs. 50,000/- each).
- Mr. Sagar Shejwalkar (Ex-SIESGST PPT Head) instituted the Shashank Shejwalkar Scholarship of Rs.15,000/- in December 2018 to be given to student with all-round performance in academics and extra-curricular activities.