Candidates can fill the online application form by clicking here
*Applications are invited for the First Year and Direct Second Year (DSE) of the four-year degree program in Engineering in the following courses.
Guidelines for Admission to First Year Engineering (2019-20)
The SIES Graduate School of Technology established in 2002 is managed by the South Indian Education Society which has been accorded the South Indian Linguistic Minority status as per the provisions in the Constitution. Seats are available in the following categories-
a) South Indian Linguistic Minority (Tamil) (51% of sanctioned intake)
b) CAP/All India (29 % of sanctioned intake)
c) Institute Level (20 % of sanctioned intake)
d) Against vacant seats after CAP rounds
A. South Indian Linguistic Minority (Tamil)| (51% of sanctioned intake)
Admissions under the linguistic minority (Tamil) category will be done at the Centralized Admission Process (CAP), Directorate of Technical Education/Admission Regulating Authority on merit, based on the MHT-CET 2019 score and as per the guidelines laid down by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE)/Admission Regulatory Authority (ARA), Mumbai. Candidates eligible for admission to the First Year Engineering under this category shall satisfy the general eligibility conditions as per the Maharashtra State Govt. Regulations of Admission & Fee Act 2015 (Mah. Act No.XXVIII of 2015).
B. CAP/All India – Centralized Admission Process | 29 % of sanctioned intake
The open category seats will be filled by the eligible candidates who satisfy the general eligibility conditions and are from the State of Maharashtra. Candidates under the All India Quota should satisfy the general eligibility conditions and have obtained a MHT-CET 2019 or JEE Main Paper I score. Candidates under the J & K migrant quota should satisfy the general eligibility conditions for admission. The candidate belonging to this type is required to appear for the MHT-CET 2019 or JEE Main Paper I. The CAP shall be conducted by the DTE /Admission Regulating Authority and eligible candidates are advised to follow the online admission procedure.
C. Institute Level | 20 % of sanctioned intake
All the admissions under the institute level (management) quota shall be done in a fair and transparent manner and on merit. The eligible candidature will be as per the guidelines given by Directorate of Technical Education/Admission Regulating Authority vide their information brochure 2019.
D. Against vacant seats after CAP rounds
Vacancy within the sanctioned intake due to the non-reporting (All India, MS seats, Minority in CAP), non-allotment (All India, MS seats, Minority in CAP) and cancellations, if any (under any category), will be filled as per the ARA/DTE guidelines 2019-20.
|Sr.No||Branch||Intake||Minority Quota (51%) through CAP||Institute Level (20%)||CAP (29%)||J&K||TFWS|
|1.||Electronics & Telecommunications||120||61||24||35||1||6|
|4.||Printing & Packaging Technology||60||31||12||17||1||3|
Percentage of seats available under CAP/Institute/Minority/All India Quota is decided by the Directorate of Technical Education/ Admission Regulating Authority, Mumbai. The exact distribution of seats available under the above mentioned categories shall be notified by the Directorate of Technical Education/Admission Regulating Authority, Mumbai before submission of applications forms. However, it is made expressly clear that if, after issuance of this brochure, any seat(s) and admission (s) allocation difference exists, a separate notification will be made with appropriate details.
General Eligibility Conditions
Candidates will be eligible for admission to the First Year Engineering Course as per the eligibility conditions listed below (Refer DTE/Govt. GR notification 2019-20 for details)
- Candidate should be an Indian National
- Should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate HSC (Std.XII) examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and persons with disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together; and should obtain non zero positive score in JEE Main Paper I or the candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in CET and should obtain non zero score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non zero score in JEE (main) Paper I over the candidates who obtained non zero score in CET.
Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at last 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and persons with disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
Admission Procedure for Category C & D at the Institute level
AApplications shall be invited for the seats available under institute level quota and vacancies arising after CAP . Admission notification, detailed schedule of counseling rounds, merit lists and all relevant details will be displayed on the college notice board and the institute website www.siesgst.edu.in
Registration is computerized & eligible candidates will be required to register in the institute and submit the signed application form along with the required documents in the institute office.
Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their inter se merit, as per the options filled and the number of seats filled at that point of time in the stage of counseling / allotment rounds.
- Seat allotment will be done through counseling. Eligible candidates must report in person at the institute to secure admission strictly as per the notified counseling schedule on the college notice board and website. Candidates who report late will not be allowed to participate in the related counseling round and will lose claim to the seat available by inter se merit at that point of time. Further, candidates failing to report for the counseling rounds will be out of the admission process. Candidates who secure admission as per their choice must confirm the admission within two working days by paying full fees and producing necessary documents in original along with required number of attested copies.
- In case of vacancies after the counseling round, further counseling round may be conducted.
- Merit of all eligible candidates will be based on the rules and regulations laid down by the Directorate of Technical Education/Admission Regulating Authority, Mumbai.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their inter se merit.
- Counseling schedule as per merit will be put up on the college notice board & website (www.siesgst.edu.in) at every stage of the admission. No personal communication/allotment letters in this regard will be issued to the concerned candidates.
- During the counseling round, the candidate will be allotted seats according to the availability of seats at that point of time. The candidate will be allowed to keep claim on his choice.
- In case of vacancies after first counseling round, subsequent counseling round will be conducted. The detailed schedule will be notified in the college notice board and website. The students who have kept their claim will also be considered in the subsequent counseling round as per inter se merit.
- The candidates securing allotment will confirm the admission by reporting at the institute mentioned in allotment along with the original certificates needed for admission, by paying necessary fees on or before the last date specified for the same. No personal communication in this regard will be issued.
- The admission will be confirmed by the Institute only after scrutiny of documents and payment of fees as prescribed by the Fee Regulating Authority, Mumbai.
- Fees: The fee fixed by the Fee Regulating Authority for the academic year 2019-20 is Rs.1,20,000/- .( Rs.1,06,761/- as Tuition Fee and Development Fee Rs.13,239/-).
Fee particularsAmountThe fee as decided by the Fee Regulating Authority Tuition FeeRs.1,06,761/-Development FeeRs.13,239/-Exam feesRs.2000/-Enrolment Fee (Maharashtra State Board Students)Rs.220/-Eligibility & Enrolment (Applicable only for CBSE/ICSE/Other State Board students/Diploma students)Rs.540/-Miscellaneous Fee (Student deliverables, Student Insurance, University sports, cultural and disaster relief fund etc.)Rs.1900/-
The total amount of Rs.1,24,120/- (For Maharashtra State Board students) or Rs.1,24,440/- ( For CBSE/ICSE/other state Board students ) is to be paid by Demand Draft/Pay order /RTGS drawn on any bank in favor of the Principal, SIES Graduate School of Technology, payable at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
Payment by Cash or Cheque will not be accepted. fee is to be paid by Demand Draft/Pay order drawn on any bank in favor of the Principal, SIES Graduate School of Technology, payable at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
- Cancellation of Admission
The cancellation of admission will be as per the rules and regulations laid down by the Directorate of Technical Education/Admission Regulating Authority, Mumbai.
- List of self-attested Copies (one each) of Certificates to be attached with the Application
- Acknowledgement of Registration Form /documents verified by Facilitation Centre (FC)
- Mark sheet of SSC/Std. X Examination
- Mark sheet at the qualifying examination (Std. XII or equivalent)
- MHT-CET 2019 Score Card & JEE –Main 2019 Score Card as applicable
- School/College Leaving Certificate from the Institution, which the candidate has passed the qualifying examination.
- Domicile Certificate/Nationality Certificate as applicable (Nationality Certificate is mandatory if the student’s Nationality is not mentioned in his/her Leaving Certificate).
- Pre-registration at University of Mumbai portal www.mum.digitaluniversity.ac is mandatory and duly filled registration form to be submitted by all the students at the time of admission.
- Migration Certificate from the Board (in case of candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside Maharashtra – CBSE, ICSE, Diploma holders, Outside Maharashtra Candidates).
- Minority Status declaration as prescribed in the admission brochure of Admission Regulating Authority/Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai in case of students belonging to the South Indian Linguistic Minority.
- Gap Certificate (in case of a student passing the qualifying examination before 2019)
- Caste category/ physically handicapped/ Defense Quota/ J & K Quota/ TFWS Category – Certificates as applicable.(These certificates are applicable to the students those who are securing admission through CAP)
- General Physical Fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner
- Minority Affidavit Format – The format to be typed on Rs. 100/- stamp paper and to be notarized. Click here to download.
- General Physical Fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner Click here to download.
- Acknowledgement form submitted/verified through Facilitation Centre
Note: Please do not attach Original Certificates and the certificates, which are not asked for. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. However, the original documents are to be submitted at the time of securing admission.
Any form of Ragging is strictly forbidden in and around the campus and is an offence punishable under the Prohibition of Ragging Act 1997 and the rules made there under.